Want Some Help?
For many of us our morning routine begins with hitting the snooze button, turning the coffee pot on and kick starting our d
ay with a big cup of Folgers. What if I told you there was a healthier, more effective beverage to begin our morning routine that would help sustain not only your brain function, but also aid with digestion and metabolism would you
be interested? Drinking water first thing in the morning before anything else is better for you over coffee or any other type of beverage. I will give you 5 reasons why H20 should come before your Starbucks.
- Re-hydrate- The body needs to re-hydrate after sleeping for 6-8 hours. Drinking water will increase circulation and oxygen delivered to the tissues.
- Speed up Metabolism- Drinking water first thing in the morning can speed up metabolism up to 24%.
- Flush out toxins- Drinking water will help with colon function and aids in nutrient absorption.
- Brain Function- Our brain tissue is made up of 76% water. Also, the first sign of dehydration is not thirst, but a headache.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, try increasing your water intake; it may be an issue of dehydration.
- Avoid Over Eating- Drinking a large glass of water will help with overeating because it will give us the sensation of being full.
As the summer heat turns up, making sure we consume an adequate amount of water is very important. If you are going to be out in the yard or at the beach, make sure you have enough water to stay hydrated and avoid the dangers of dehydration. As always, if you have an orthopedic injury or need please call one of our Doctors of Physical Therapy for an evaluation. We are here to serve and return you to your quality of life. Have a great day and God bless!
Brannon Chester, PT, DPT
Doctor of Physical Therapy